Why we like this card: With the Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠, you get to choose what category you want to earn the most in. You can pick one category from 10 available options in which you’ll get 3x points back. If you’re worried about making such a big commitment, don’t be: You can change your category every quarter, if you would like to.
- 3x points back on the category of your choice
- $0 annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- One day grace period on missed payments
- Balance transfer and cash advance fee of $10 or 3%, whichever is greater
- Only 1x point on all other purchases
- $2,000 quarterly spending limit on 3x rewards
Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠: Overview
- Intro: 0% APR for the first 12 billing cycles on balance transfers made within 90 days of account opening
- Purchase: 15.24% to 29.24%, based on your creditworthiness
- Balance transfer: 0% for first 12 months, then 15.24% to 29.24%, based on your creditworthiness, plus fee of $10 or 3% of the amount transferred, whichever is greater
- Cash advance: 29.24% plus fee of $10 or 3% of the cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty: up to a $40 late payment fee
Annual fee: $0
Foreign transaction fee: None
The Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ is unique in that it lets you choose what category you want to earn 3x points. With no annual fee and a 0% intro APR as well, the card has a lot to offer. You’re even granted a one day grace period if you forget to make your payment.
Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠: Rewards
You get to earn rewards your way with the Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠. Choose one of 10 categories in which you’ll get 3x points back on every purchase up to $2,000 spent each quarter. All other purchases earn 1x points.
The available rewards categories are:
- Auto parts and services
- Department apparel and sporting goods stores
- Discount and warehouse stores
- Electronic, computer, and camera stores
- Gas stations
- Grocery stores
- Home improvement stores
- Travel and entertainment
- Utilities and office supply stores
You can change your category every quarter. Each point is worth one cent, so to get $5 back, you’ll need to earn 500 points. Points round up on purchases with a dollar amount that ends in $0.50 or greater.
Huntington clients can earn 25% bonus points by linking their Voice Rewards Credit Card to an open Huntington Platinum Perks Checking, Personal Management Account, Private Client Account or SmartInvest Checking Account, or 5% bonus points by linking their card to an open Huntington Perks Checking account.
Does Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ offer a bonus?
The Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ does not offer a new cardmember bonus at the time of this writing.
How to redeem Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ points
Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ offers many point redemption options. You must have at least 25,000 points to redeem them (or 18,750 points and pay the difference), but since points never expire, as long as your account is open and in good standing, you can redeem them in any of the following ways:
- Cash back
- Transfer to another Voice Consumer Rewards Credit Card account
- Purchase gift cards
- Apple products
- Car rentals
- Late fee grace period: Get an extra day to make your payment if you miss your due date.
- Card lock: You can lock and unlock your card through the mobile app or online banking site for additional security.
- Free FICO score: Check your FICO score for free every month.
- No penalty APR: Your APR won’t increase due to missed payments or if you exceed your credit limit.
- Contactless payments: Simply tap your card to pay at eligible payment terminals for a faster and more secure checkout.
Is Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ right for you?
If you’ve ever wished you could choose which categories you earn the most rewards in, the Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ is for you. Cardholders get to choose one category from 10 available options in which to get 3x points back. Combined with no annual fee, this can make the Voice Rewards card a great rewards credit card.
The downside to this card is that you only get 3x points in one category—although you can change this category each quarter—and only on the first $2,000 spent each quarter. All other purchases earn only 1x point, which equals one cent. So if you’re a big spender or want to earn higher rewards in multiple categories, another credit card may be a better choice.
Credit cards similar to Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠
The Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ is only one of many rewards credit cards to choose from. While it may be nice to choose your primary rewards category, other cards offer higher rewards in multiple categories that may suit you better.
American Express Gold Card vs. Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠
The has an impressive rewards structure, but it comes at the cost of a $250 annual fee. In exchange for this fee, you get 4x points at restaurants and supermarkets, 3x points on flights and 1x points on all other purchases.
Like the Huntington Voice card, the American Express® Gold Card has no foreign transaction fee, but it also has no intro APR. You do get monthly statement credits with the American Express Gold Card that can be used toward dining credits or Uber cash, plus a host of other benefits like baggage assistance and up to $100 experience credit to use during a stay at The Hotel Collection.
Chase Freedom Unlimited® Credit Card vs. Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠
The Credit Card is another no annual fee cash back card. You earn 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% cash back on dining (including takeout and eligible delivery service), 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and 1.5% cash back on all eligible purchases with no limits.
It also gives cardholders additional benefits like extended warranty and purchase protection, travel insurance and auto rental coverage, but does have a foreign transaction fee.
Frequently asked questions
What is Huntington Voice Rewards?
The Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ is one of the three Mastercards offered by Huntington regional bank headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. The Huntington Voice Rewards card earns 3x points in one category of your choice.
How does the Huntington Voice Card work?
With the Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠, you choose one category from 10 options in which to get 3x points on the first $2,000 of purchases each quarter. All other purchases earn 1x points.
What is the interest rate for the Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠?
The Huntington Voice Rewards Credit Card℠ offers a 0% intro APR for the first 12 billing cycles on balance transfers made within 90 days of account opening. Afterward, there is a 15.24% to 29.24% APR for purchases and balance transfers.
Please note that card details are accurate as of the publish date, but are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the issuer. Please contact the card issuer to verify rates, fees, and benefits before applying.